Katie Thurston Had Once Gushed over Ex Fiance Blake Moynes on Birthday Post

Publish date: 2024-05-02

Katie Thurston had taken to Instagram to wish her ex fiancé Blake Moynes on his birthday on August 10, 2021, and she didn't hold back her love.

The Bachelorette star uploaded a slideshow of two pictures from their birthday celebration.

In the first photo, the couple could be seen sharing a passionate smooch as Thurston cupped her then partner's face in her hands and Moynes held her close by her hip.

Both of them donned their birthday hats as they embraced one another.

A floral cake with lighted candles remained in front of them in focus on the kitchen table. 

Thurston flaunted her million-dollar smile in the second picture as her fiancé stepped forward to blow out the candles.

While the celebration glimpses showcased the couple's affection for one another, Thurston made it extra clear with her love-filled caption. 

She recounted the pressure from the past couple of months and implied she could have never overcome the challenge of hiding her personal life without him.

The 31-year-old stated she was ready to leave the bubble, starting their new life together. 

Then, the television personality shared how she couldn't have asked for a better partner.

She heralded him as a kind, patient, and understanding person. Elaborating on her partner's nature, she mentioned that his advocacy for the planet and animals was remarkable.

In her own words, Thurston confessed she felt lucky to call Moynes her fiance.

She referred to him as her best friend and her confidant — and said how they were "two weirdos laughing our way through life together." 

Thurston disclosed her upcoming plans at the end of the lengthy write-up, revealing she and Moynes were heading to Canada next. 

Katie Thurston and Blake Moynes' Engagement 

Thurston and Moynes got engaged in April 2021 on the last episode of the show, but they had to play coy until the episode aired on ABC on August 9, 2021. 

The final installment of season 17 saw the two sharing I love yous before Moynes finally got down on one knee for the proposal. He proposed to the bank marketing manager with a diamond ring from Neil Lane.

The one-of-a-kind handmade engagement ring comprised a sizeable oval-shaped diamond set within a crown motif and a diamond halo. Even the band comprised over 90 smaller round diamonds, weighing three carats.

Just before the proposal, Thurston had confessed to the show's host Kaitlyn Bristowe that her heart officially belonged to Moynes. The reality star shared how she had been saving her 'I love you' for him.

For me, saying I love you to Blake is a huge deal. That's not something I said to anybody here.

Thurston had found her love in Moynes after he entered the ABC's long-running show midway on the June 28th episode.

That being said, she was a bit skeptical about initiating a relationship with him at first, given that he had tried to win two other bachelorettes previously in the show. He had competed in Clare Crawley and Tayshia Adams' season.

Katie Thurston and Blake Moynes' Split

On October 26, 2021, Moynes took to Instagram to announce he was separating from Thurston. 

"It is with mutual love and respect that we have decided to go our separate ways," he captioned the post.

Further, Moynes explained they were parting amicably and were grateful for the moments they shared in the show.

Katie Thurston with her ex fiance Blake Moynes. (Photo: Blake Moynes/Instagram)

"We ultimately have concluded that we are not compatible as life partners," he added, stating it was the most caring choice for both of them to move forward independently. 

The reality star asked for privacy before concluding the statement with, "Both of us will forever want the best for one another."

After the split, Thurston moved on with John Hersey, a bartender who had also appeared in season 17 of The Bachelorette. 

As for her ex fiance, he has also moved on but is not "diving in the deep end."

In an interview with Us Magazine, he shared he was back on the dating scene, but taking things slowly. Moynes also mentioned that his breakup hurt him and made him pickier.

"the right person will come along and I’ll know what it is because I’ve failed so many times now," he remarked on a positive note. 

ncG1vNJzZmign6G5usPOqJummaOge6S7zGinaJqclrimecyosKedo2Kvqr7ToZuasV2grrW1xGaroa2iqMGwuo2hq6ak